Skip to main content

I am running a HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible Laptop, Windows 10 Home, version 1511, OS build 10586.104, Intel Core i7-5500U Cpu @ 2.4GHz, 8 GB Ram and GeForce 930M Dedicated Video Card along with the standard Intel HD Graphics 5500 Integrated Video Card

So far the most common things that have caused MyDMX 2 to crash for me has been random changes in the presets during DMX value changes. Because these are completely random I have not figured out a fix for this, nor has ADJ gotten me a solution for it. This problem was reported to ADJ back in September 2015.

Most common crasher for 3D EasyView is just as you import any fixture into the universe the program instantly crashes. There is no way to stop this from happening, no matter if you open the program with fixtures already loaded or start fresh and trying from the start. After about a week of messing around with the program and looking at my PC's specs and the program's "requirements" I have determined (ADJ will argue this, but 5 diff laptops have all yielded the same results) that using a Laptop with an Intel Integrated Video Card will cause the 3D EasyView to crash bc of an instability in the 64bit structure of WIN10. If a dedicated Video Card like my GeForce or an AMD is selected as your default Video Card then it will work fine. ADJ could not provide a fix to this issue and I had to figure it out for myself, and after making ADJ aware of my findings they argued that my findings on 5 diff laptops and my own (6 total) were incorrect and only after me providing info quoted straight from MS did they even consider passing it along to the engineers. I can provide more details about my findings to anybody who needs more to maybe help them with the same issue.

Now, the second most common (or most common now that my first problem has been solved)is that NEW ADJ fixtures are not compatible with 3D EasyView at all, and again, crashes it upon importing it into the Universe. The one I am having problems with currently is ADJ's XS400 light fixture. It's a great and fun little fixture, but it just won't load into 3D... I guess bc of the 4 separate beams maybe and the programs inability to render that type of light?

SO... these have been my most common problems with this program. I have to say that when it is working properly I really enjoy MyDMX 2.0. It's fun and, after a little learning curve, realativly easy to use. This IS truly ADJ's biggest problem and probably why the dealer who I purchased it from has said that sales for the software and dongle have dropped off severely, and the DMXBuddy doesn't sell at all for them.

I am really hoping that ADJ is really working on a fix to all of these problems with MyDMX and that we will see some GREAT updates coming soon, as it seems that the updates are making it out VERY slowly for it. Best of Luck ADJ!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Chris, we also saw your message on the facebook group. I appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to help us resolve this issue, but to insinuate we had no idea of the cause or that you were the first person to "figure it out for us" would be a little more than incorrect. We do not publicly comment on root causes of a program crash or instability until we are 100% positive we have them solved. We were already fully aware of the crashing issue before you messaged us on Facebook, and in fact it wasn't just a Windows 10 issue as it also had occured on Mac. We believe we have solved it and if you'd like, you can test out the release here.
Let me know what you find. I look forward to your feedback.
I this a good file? It is more than twice the file size of the July 2015 release and Norton strongly suggest I don't run it.
173,418 vs 76,366 KB

I can't get the July release stable at all on my Windows 10 laptop.
It crashes and the 3d viewer won't open without crashing immediately. I'd like to try any updates you have.
Loaded the Feb 17 application.
easy view 2 beta crashes on open with the following:Failed to compile the shader program "Wash Lighting" : failed to load the fragment shader.

followed by:
The program requires a video card ... with openGL 3.1

I have intel graphics 3000 on board for video

aside from this, Mydmx crashes as soon as a scene changes when the dongle is plugged in.
without the dongle it seems more stable.
quote:
Originally posted by Cdw626:
It's because MyDMX cannot work with ANY integrated INTEL graphics cards as they are not openGL3.1 compatible due to a very large instability in the 64Bit structure of WIN10... Microsoft quoted this directly to me, which is why ADJ is abandoning the MyDMX 2.0 for the newer and flashier MyDMX2.1 They realized that the software for MyDMX2.0 will NEVER be perfect enough to continue... just look at the amount of BETA softwares they have released that STILL do not work right. The question is will ADJ give ALL of us that have the inferior 2.0 the new 2.1 dongles or will the force us all to buy new ones. I myself will not purchase a new one if that is the case.

Hi, that actually is very much not true, I personally am using a Dell laptop from 2012 with intel integrated graphics chips and it runs the 3D fine and has since the 3D debuted in the MyDMX 2.0 software. i've also used several other computer all with intel graphics, and have not had issues, and these are varying ages of computers.
Also our 2.0 hardware interface has nothing to do with the intel graphics drivers or anything like that or windows 10. the 2.0 box had been out for over 4 years, we felt it was time to upgrade the processor used in the interface and also add in a few cool new things we wanted to help bridge the gap between the box interfaces and the Buddy, therefore the 2.1 box was made. But us doing a new 2.1 box has nothing to do with the 3D, there isn't any correlation to the 3D issues and the interfaces at all. It was simply time for a hardware refresh, and the only difference between the 2.0 software and the 2.1 is ONLY the ability to use the new 2.1 interface, that's it. That's all we changed.

That being said, we will have a new 2.1 release within a week or two and the 3D has been made even better, a redesigned engine, but the minimum requirements are still the same as before. I hope you'll check it out. there is nothing inferior about the 2.0 boxes other than they are 4 years old, but they will still work as designed and intended in the 2.1 software going forward. I hope this helps answers some questions or squash any doubts, if you have more questions, feel free to let me know.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.