As I also received my VMS4 and found that the Traktor Pro config was really crappy, I decided to make my own configuration. This is release 1.0, as I tested everything at home, but not live, so I have no idea yet if it is really handy and workable in "pressure setting and low light conditions". Updates will follow.
Changes to the original AA tsi:
- All EQ, fader and Cue functionality remapped to make it work good.
- I use the post EQ operating mode (boot the VMS4 with PFL Cue on channel 4 pressed while turning it on) as well as the 8 Out mode with Traktor Pro in external mixer mode;
- I use the MIC 1 on/off button for the Deck Layout switch between 2 and 4 deck mode;
- The Mic 2 on/off button is used for Deck Size;
- The MIC 1 gain rotary is used for Window Deck Zoom (all decks, easy to change for each deck individuel by using the MIC 1 EQ rotaries);
- The Pause button is now used by me as a Sync button (also a fast Shit functionality to control deck A/C and deck B/D fast;
- The original Sync/Range button is now used as a "shift" between deck A/C (left button) and deck B/D (right button);
- All Loop, Hot Cue and all other deck functionality remapped with modifiers (M1 for deck A/C en M2 for deck B/D) and being used in four deck mode trough the new deck shift mode buttons (the Sync/Range ones);
- Added Phase sync functionality to all hot cue's ;
- Jog wheels (I am not a scratch DJ) for track scratch/seek operations (while the deck is not playing) and while plaing for tree (left jog)/list (right jog) search;
- The Vinyl button (left) for tree expand and collapse;
- The Loop Smart button is now a loop in point move forward function;
- As the Loop section in normal and Shift mode is now identical, which has no use, I will remap thet to the Shift mode for Loop In and Loop Out point forward/backward functionality;
- Effect section for four effect mode (nor priority for me, as I only use 2 effect sections);
- Use of the Shift mode for "Super Effect rotaries" on the EQ section;
- Find something usefull to map for the touch bars.
Have fun and get more out of the VMS4 now.
That's sounds great, I have handed mine back now (maybe I should have waited lol).
What are you running Traktor Pro with Mac or Pc?
Do you have a problem with any cue button volumes.?
Tnks Rynaldo for the mapping!
Can you please explain which button is for loading tracks? I get the "Ch01.Note.F7" for deck A but i can't figure out which button it refers to.
Also the "vms4_midi_table" pdf gives the values in decimal format but in traktor appear different. If you can assist me on that it would be great!
I run Traktor Pro on a Sony laptop with W7/64 bits. I use the VMS4 besides 2 X1's. Runs smooth. No issues with the Cue buttons and volumes in TP. Off course I remapped all functionality in a solid tsi file.
The track load buttons are the mousepad load buttons (shift for deck C and D).
i am on a mac and when i press the load buttons on the vms4 it reacts as a normal mouse that is left and right click!
Same here on a Mac. I will update it (or do it yourself) and bring the track load on the Shift Cue buttons per deck. OK?
Not happy with the track load function on the cue buttons. It can bring unwanted effects if faders are up and LED Out responds strange.
I will bring the track load to the Shift & Pitch Bend buttons left and right corresponding with the simular channels for each deck (ACBD). Also implemented a Deck Duplicate on the Shift & Sync/Range buttons (Deck A to B and Deck B to D).
yes this would be a better solution for loading into decks...
waiting 4 your updated tsi file
tested the mapping now a bit more and used it for a full hour and had some comments as well. So an update of the 1.0 mapping:
Change Log for version 1.1:
- added Beat Phase Monitor LED Out on the Cue button (left and right deck) for all decks;
- added Phase Monitor LED Out on the Pitch Bend buttons, also for all decks;
- changed the deck Load assignments to the Shift & Pitch Bend buttons (deck order ACBD from left to right);
- put a Snap On/Off function to the right Vinyl button;
- put Deck Duplicate functionality on Shift & Sync/Range left and right section (duplicating deck A to C and deck B to D);
- remapped the Shift & Loop sections left and right:
IN = Loop In Point moving backwards;
OUT = Loop In Point moving forwards;
RELOOP = Loop Out Point moving backwards;
SMART = Loop Out Point moving forwards.
Remember, track load is now different. Deck switch is still implemented as a modifier Shift on the Sync/Range buttons.
Have even more usefull fun with the mapping now.
If you load the tsi 1.1 file, make sure you also delete the two X1 controller configs in controller manager, as I also use them, but if you do not have them, you can throw them away without any issue.
|ADJ EU Mod.|
Technical Issues? Please contact: email@example.com
Technische Probleme? Bitte Email an: firstname.lastname@example.org
link is dead
Link is working now
I notice a popping sound when the sync/range button is pressed using this mapping (still on Rynaldo version 1.0).
Can anyone confirm this?
Latency changing also doesn't prevent this, i've tried 30ms and still the popping sound.
I noticed it as well now. That is the Send Monitor State function (updates all led's for e.g. hot cue's and so one) which causes that. That function is a bit buggy (found it on a forum stating it creates clicks and pops).
You can easiliy take it away off course.
Tnx a lot for your help Rynaldo, workaround did it.
i check the mapping and for me is too bad,,
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2|