Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jkai, the only way to do this is with the manual dimming mode in the system menu. However be advised, this will override the maximum brightness of the LEDs across ALL other functions, meaning if you stick Red at 189, it cannot go past that value in any of its programs or even if you put it into DMX mode and also can hinder other colors like if you need red and green at 255 to make yellow, it won't make a good yellow. Make sense?
Hey Jingles great to hear from you again. It's been awhile. I tried to find this option on the DOTZ Tpar menu but was not able to. Are you sure the DOTZ Tpar has this option? If yes, would you be able to be specific as to what option in the menu?
1) what menu name?
2) what option name in the "list of main menu categories"?
Hmmm I am going to setup the DOTZ Tpar light and see if I can find it. I was on the job and rushing through the menus thinking it would be obvious as it is in the other ADJ Bar lights that I currently own. Those menus are very clear and have much more control over all the aspects of the ADJ Bar lights. But, the DOTZ Tpar didn't have the same number of options in the menus. But, maybe being a novice at this I missed it.
Hi Jkai, can you tell me exactly what hardware did come with the system to mount the two lights to the top? It should have been standard nuts or wing nuts.

Also the DIM CURVE is more so a dimmer speed as it is a direct dimmer function, for example doing theatre slows the dimming down to more acceptable speed like you would use for dimming par cans used in a live play. Make sense?
Thanks Jingles for jumping in to help. I found the knobs and washers for both lights. There were wrapped up in a small bubble bag so it looked like unused bubble wrap. Yes, I do understand exactly what you mean. You explained so well. I also watched and read articles online over and over again to be able to comprehend the concept of DMX and wireless transceivers. I totally understand the language - now I have to learn how to use DMX controls for each type of light, what it can do and how to use the faders to make them do what I want. I learned MIDI when it first came out so I think I can learn DMX.
So what's the dimmer solution for the DOTZ Tpar? Neither the foot controller nor the remote controller can dim this fixture. Therefore, I assume I'll need some kind of DMX controller, but my needs are simple, what would be the minimum piece of gear required to dim all four lights together on this fixture?
Hi chaps just thought this might help i own this particular light and yes its far to bright for small to medium venues without the use of a dmx board. So spent a little time with gel filters and currently i am placing a 'Gel Colour 209 Light Dimmer 3ND filter' and then an American DJ Diffusion Filter for LED Par Fixture behind the detachable filter that comes with the lights this takes it down without losing its rich colour thus allowing you to use it it in a stand alone mode at small to medium size gigs. Hope this helps guys. Wink
1.4-channel DMX-512 LED linear wash light
2.Blackout/static/dimmer/strobe
3.Operating modes: Blackout and static / flashing colors RGB color mixing Color fade
4.Static colors and RGB color mixing with or without DMX controller
5.Built-in automated programs via master/slave or DMX
6.Built-in sound active programs via master/slave or DMX
7.Linkable with COLORbank™ LED
8.Additional power output for daisy chaining units together
9.Sound sensitivity knob
10.Low power consumption

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.