Skip to main content

I run MyDMX 2.0 together with NI Traktor control S4 on a Macbook Pro 13 "from spring 2009.

It seems to be some kind of interference between the Traktor control and MyDMX. When I start MyDMX the Traktor control stops responding - unplugging and replugging it in the USB-port makes the Traktor control work again, but then MyDMX 2.0 crashes - or even worse: the whole computer crashes!

I am now forced to run MyDMX in a virtual machine on my laptop, because I can't risk that my computer crashes!

Would appreciate your help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have had the same issue with the S4 and mydmx. I would have liked to be able to run both off of my macbook pro but it causes mydmx to crash to the point that I have to reinstall the whole software. I also have to run a separate laptop to control my lighting. Very frustrating...
Can you guys answer these questions for me and we might be able to dig a little bit deeper. The response I got from one of my software engineers is below.

"These shouldn’t conflict. Could you get some more information on the problem. For example…
-Do you need the Traktor software open? Or just the s4 connected with MyDMX2.0?
-If you need both Traktor software open and S4 connected, try to disable some of the control features to see if there’s a particular message which is causing the problem
-When does it crash? Straight away, after 1 hour, when you’re in live mode…?"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.